CAE Blue Phantom Midscapular Thoracentesis Ultrasound Training Model
When You Order Online
*Ground Shipping in Contiguous US Only
- Mid-scapulary Thoracentesis Ultrasound Training Model
- Excellent for training clinicians in the psycho-motor skills associated with ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures
- Ultrasound tissue module contains the chest wall superficial tissue, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th ribs and intercostal spaces, pleural cavity with lung and atelectatic lung, diaphragm, and superior spleen.
- Superb ultrasound imaging characteristics: extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue
- Ultrasound tissue is ultra-durable; self-healing tissue offers a long life providing a low cost of ownership
- Positive fluid flow offers users immediate feedback when pleural effusion fluid is accurately accessed
- Pleural fluid that is removed during thoracentesis procedural training is easily refilled using a quick fill port – or automatically refilled using I.V. bag reservoir
- Ultrasound tissues match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment
- Excellent imaging characteristics using any ultrasound imaging system
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- High quality
- No special storage needs
- Patented technology
- Made in USA
Blue Phantom’s mid-scapular thoracentesis ultrasound training model is specifically designed for ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures. This ultrasound training phantom aids users in developing and practicing the skills associated with a mid scapulary approach to ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures. This model is excellent for assisting clinicians in gaining proficiency in using ultrasound to identify and guide needle and small gauge catheter insertions in a patient with pleural effusions for diagnostic and/or therapeutic purposes.
The model is of a supine adult male and extends from the upper buttocks to the lower neck. Positioned in the mid scapulary line, the ultrasound tissue insert contains chest wall superficial tissue, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th ribs and intercostal spaces, pleural cavity with lung and atelectatic lung, diaphragm, and superior spleen. The pleural fluid collections allow users to develop and refine their ultrasound guided thoracentesis skills. This model is extremely realistic and is self-healing offering you superb training with a low cost of ownership.
The ultrasound tissue insert offers extremely realistic sonographic imaging characteristics is designed for guiding the placement of needles and small catheters (18-21 gauge and associated catheter kits). Blue Phantom simulated human tissue is very realistic and ultra-durable; excellent for repeated training in skills associated with ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures. Positive fluid flow offers users feedback when pleural effusions are accurately accessed. The fluid is easily refilled using a quick fill luer lock or can be connected to an I.V. reservoir for continuous fluid delivery. Users can also learn to avoid accessory structures as the spleen, diaphragm and lung.