The Kendall SCD 700 Series Controller provides an all-in-one, clinically-proven therapy machine to help prevent venous thromboembolism (VTE) and deep vein thrombosis (DVT). The controller’s features allow for improved functionality and convenience. The 700 Series delivers leg or foot compression. Vascular Refill Detection technology allows the system to detect each patient’s individual vascular refill time to deliver customized therapy. The battery backup allows the system to be used away from a power source for up to eight hours giving continuous therapy. The 700 Series can be used bilaterally or unilaterally depending on the patient’s needs.
Kendall700 Series SCD:
- The Kendall Sequential Compression Device is designed to limit the development of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and Peripheral Edema in immobile patients
- Used to combat blood pooling in legs and arms on immobile patients
- Consists of an air pump connected to a disposable sleeve by a series of air tubes
- One disposable sleeve is required for each extremity being compressed and the same sleeves can be wrapped around either a leg or arm
- Sleeve is placed around the patient۪s leg and air is then forced into different parts of the sleeve in sequence, creating pressure around the calves and improving venous return